SHAPE is a platform for innovative music and audiovisual art from Europe.
It consists of 16 festivals and art centres and aims to support, promote and exchange innovative and aspiring musicians and interdisciplinary artists with an interest in sound. SHAPE attempts to present a variety of idiosyncratic music and sonic art from all over Europe, and provide audiences and professionals with insightful lectures, talks and workshops by experts in various fields related to sound and performance.
The platform was formed by members of ICAS (International Cities of Advanced Sound) – a global network of independent non-profit organizations dedicated to advancing sound cultures, music and related arts.
Each year, the 16 involved associations will collectively choose 48 creatively strong artists and musicians to participate in a mix of live performances, residencies, workshops and talks across festivals and special events.
– See more at: http://shapeplatform.eu
Maintenant 2016’s artists : 9th Cloud & Cyril Meroni (FR), Jackson (FR), Joris Strijbos & Daan Johan (NL), Kablam (DE), Klara Lewis (SE), Masayoshi Fujita (JP) & Takami Nakamoto & Sébastien Benoits (FR).
The 16 member festivals and art centres of SHAPE are:
• Biennale Némo / ARCADI – Paris (FR)
• CTM Festival / DISK e.V. – Berlin (DE)
• Cynetart Festival / TMA Hellerau e.V. – Dresde (DE)
• Festival Maintenant / Association Electroni[k] – Rennes (FR)
• Insomnia Festival – Tromso (NO)
• Les siestes électroniques / Association Rotation – Toulouse (FR)
• Meet Factory – Prague (CZ)
• MoTA – Museum for Transitory Art – Ljubliana (SL)
• musikprotokoll im steirischen herbst / ORF – Graz (AT)
• RIAM Festival / Technè – Marseille (FR)
• Rokolectiv Festival – Bucharest (RO)
• Schiev Festival / Black Drop Productions – Bruxelles (BE)
• Skanu Mežs Festival / Riga (LV)
• TodaysArt Festival / The Generator Foundation – La Haye (NL)
• UH Festival / Ultrasound Foundation – Budapest (HU)
• Unsound Festival / Fundacja Tone – Cracovie (PL)
SHAPE is a program of Europe Creative – European Union.